Wednesday, June 6, 2012

gnat throws everything away

thus begins a series of painful moments where i hesitate to get rid of something, then convince myself there's no reason i should continue to own it. this happened last night with several items of clothing, half finished paintings, and the bag of togas and laurels i made for greekstravaganza 1.0. just now, i parted with this friend and needed a forum to say a proper goodbye. here goes:


dear ING cafe mug,

you have been integral to my success as a graduate student. without you, i would have had to pay full price for my coffee during the long, long hours i spent at ING writing my thesis and people watching through the large glorious windows. i would have had no vessel with which to transport my delicious hazelnut coffee from my apartment to work every morning. you have been an excellent friend, and you will be missed.

love,
gnat

in the last 12 hours, the microwave has broken, the lights in the hallway went out, and the kitchen sink up and decided to quit on us. all the pans were packed away before we made breakfast, so we ended up eating clif bars and mike and ikes for breakfast. moving sucks.

more updates to come, i'm sure, as cara and i continue to deal with this:


wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment