Thursday, February 16, 2012

gnat cries wolf

after two days of anxiety, tense conversations, visits from supportive friends, and general freaking out, cara and i signed the forms to say that we have withdrawn our intent to sublet the apartment.


(it was only fitting that we celebrated with a cupcake from more)


what this means is that i'm staying - until when exactly, i'm not sure, but i will not be vacating at the end of march.


it's dramatic, i know, but coming that close to giving up the apartment felt something like the chicago residency equivalent of a near death experience. until the end was staring me in the face, i didn't realize how much i wasn't ready for it. my life in chicago has become routine - i guess i've lost my sense of wonder, or at least my will to act on it and take advantage of everything the city has to offer. it's time to shake off the complacency and really enjoy what remains of my time here. i want to be sure that when it actually is time to leave, i don't do it with feelings of regret.

that said, it's time to make a bucket list. what things do i absolutely need to accomplish before i leave? what things do i need to go back and do again? help me interwebs - i want to do this right.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! <3

    I have a couple suggestions:
    1. Watch a movie at the brew and view
    2. Kayak in the Chicago River
    3. Eat Mexican at Neuvo Leon restaurant in Pilsen (a couple doors down from my apartment)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Forgive my spelling of "Nuevo Leon"! Haha

    ReplyDelete