Monday, March 7, 2011

gnat gets iced

thanks to taylor and eileen, another of my chicago wishlist goals came to fruition last sunday night: a chicago blackhawks game!

it was my first chicago professional sporting event and i didn't have any appropriate gear, so taylor was nice enough to lend me a shirt:

she was also nice enough to explain it to me - jonathan toews (pronounced "tays," or i guess "taze" is more appropriate in this context) is team captain for the hawks.

hockey is more exciting than i thought it would be, but the highlight of my blackhawks experience was definitely the opportunity to casually throw around the word "zamboni" in conversation for three hours. do me a favor and take a moment to say zamboni a few times out loud. i guarantee it will brighten your day. zamboni. zambooooooooni.

the hawks won in a shootout, which, because my only previous experience with hockey consists of a teenage obsession (fine, continuing obsession) with the mighty ducks movies, is how i'm pretty sure all hockey games end. right?

thanks, girls.

coming up next time, gnat's chicago experiment goes on the road. get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment