Monday, February 7, 2011

gnat reflects on her URL

it's snowing, again. usually snow makes me feel giddy and child-like, today it's only making me frustrated and homesick.

some days i get this gut feeling that i am in the wrong place. it's as if the magnetic dipoles in my sinuses are misaligned... my body senses my longitude and latitude and for some reason thinks that they are incorrect (and tells me so, with a sense of urgency).

actually, i think that only happens in birds, but you get my point.

maybe i'm just tired of winter. after all, by my standards it should be just about over... at the moment it's not looking like that's going to happen any time soon.

i'm going outside to eat some snowflakes and see if i can get excited about them again.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. The first month of snow and subfreezing temperatures is really fun! But now I wake up and see that it's 20 degrees outside and all I can think is "ugh." It's like, growing up in socal, you may go to a cold place (or winter shows up with weather in the 50s) but you always know it will only last a week at which point you return to warmer weather. But here, winter ends only when it decides it's tortured us enough. Still torturing. =(

    (I know it's lame to compare Knoxville winters to Chicago, but hey, both are much colder than Westwood ever got)

    ReplyDelete